According to the Allergy and Asthma Foundation of America, every day in America:1
- 40,000 people miss school or work due to asthma;
- 30,000 people have an asthma attack;
- 5,000 people visit the emergency room due to asthma;
- 1,000 people are admitted to the hospital due to asthma;
- 11 people die from asthma;
- 1 out of 4 American will die from asthma and allergies
We are here to help LOWER those numbers.
Spirometry assessments should be obtained as the primary test to establish the asthma diagnosis. Spirometry should be performed prior to initiating treatment in order to establish the presence and determine the severity of baseline airway obstruction.