Spirometry is the gold standard for the diagnosis and management of both Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD). The earlier you detect the disease and its state; the easier and faster you can treat your patients.
Spirometry is good medicine. The patients you see every day in your office can be correctly diagnosed and treated more accurately and effectively in the convenience of your office.
Spirometry is easy. Unless the equipment is easy-to-use, it will not be fully embraced and utilized by your staff. All MD Spiro spirometers are menu-driven via a large, graphic display and testing takes less than five minutes to perform. The easy-to-read reports, quality checks, and built-in interpretation assist you for an accurate diagnosis.
Spirometry is good business. Office spirometry is third-party reimbursable with an average reimbursement of $33.00 for a simple five-minute non-invasive test. The average primary care physician tests ten patients per week and pays for their equipment in three months or less then generates over $20,000 per year in additional revenue.
Facts about Asthma:
- Asthma accounts for one-quarter of all emergency room visits in the US each year
- With 2 million emergency room visits, asthma is the number one cause of school absenteeism among children accounting for more than 14M total missed school days.
- An estimated 26 million Americans suffer from asthma, which equates to 1 in 15 Americans according to the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
Facts about COPD:
- COPD is the third leading cause of death in the US
- An individual dies of COPD every 4 minutes in the US
- The single, best test for detecting early COPD is spirometry
- Treatment for COPD is more effective if given before symptoms occur
For more information about how MD Spiro can help add spirometry into your practice, visit: www.mdspiro.com.